Thursday, February 14, 2008

Poem of Poo

I have somethings inside me, like an idea, but it's stronger. It's either true or a damn lie. It's not under my skin, oh no. There's a sense of it in my muscles, but it goes further. It's in my bones. What's echoing in my marrow? It's simple:

"God is Good"

God is Good, it's not really just in me, but it's the deepest part of me. "God is Good" is part of my DNA like my eye colour or metabolism. "God is Good".... That's true, it gives me energy and joy. Enough to fight against it's foe, the lie.

The lie lives deep inside me as well. I guess my intestines are it's hiding place. This parasite has been hiding there and quietly sucking my life for years. But it eventually gave itself away by growing too much. There's no quick operation to cut it out, it's gotta be starved and ruthlessly murdered (It screams as it dies). You know how every time you shower, small flakes of dead skin are washed down the plug-hole? Just the same, each bowel movement of my soul takes with it some of the dead lie:

"You are worthless"

Once exposed it looses in a battle against the Truth. (you see, Truth includes "You are fearfully and wonderfully made!").

"He doesn't love you" -- also is suffocated until it's just a dry carcass, almost laughable and harmless. "Nothing can separate you from the love of God"

Yes, there's a battle going on deep inside me. But I know the Truth is greater than the lie. I know it takes time, but I know He is with me. It hurts, but I am strong enough. It's slow, but it won't take forever.

God Bless you, and may you see those lies and know your Truths.
Me

No comments: